Happy Homes always invite you with a smell of good food! What can be better in a bitter cold? We are cooking Shepherd's Pie today, as usual, my version, as I rarely stick with classical recipes.
5 large potatoes peeled
1 cup of milk
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
3 cups tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 large onion chopped
1/2 pound cheddar – shredded
1. Mashed potatoes – nothing fancy here – boil potatoes in salty water till tender, get rid of the water, mash them up, add warm mild, 1 tsp butter
2. Meat sauce – cook chopped onion in a frying pan with some sunflower oil until golden, add beef and pork and cook constantly stirring and trying to break all the large pieces. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
3. Add cooked meat, tomato sauce, honey (about 2 tbs), salt, pepper to the slow cooker. Cook on "HIGH" for 1.5 hour
4. Assembly: use large baking tray – I prefer glass, looks good in there. First layer – meat sauce, spread corn on top (don't forget to drain the juice), next layer – mashed potatoes, followed by shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 190 C for about an hour – till all cheese melts and turns golden, slightly brownish at the edges.
6. It takes a while to cool after you get it out of the oven. Don't burn yourself!
7. Bon appetite!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk
Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty
Other Great Recipes:
Glazed Shortbread Cookies
3D Guitar Cake
Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Avocado and Smoked Salmon Terrine
Waldorf Chicken Salad
Booblik + Bonus Challah Bread
Halloween "Pumpkin" Salad
Apple Cranberry Pie
Raspberry Truffle Cake
Amazing Potato Bake a la Salina
Traditional Russian Pie – Kulebyaka
Pierogi with Sour Cherries
Dolma, or Grape Leaf Rolls
"Melting Moments" Cookies
Awesome Spinach Salad
MY SIGNATURE STEAK