If you are crazy about lemony cookies, just like my son – this is the right type for you to try!
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
3 tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Cream together butter, sugar, lemon rind and salt.
2. Add flour, poppy seeds, baking powder. Knead into a smooth dough – do not overdo!
3. Dough is quite sticky – we will be rolling it out on a wax paper till about 1/4 inch thickness. Mine are thinner – don't like huge cookies. Cut into squares, or stars, or whatever your heart desires!
4. Place on cookie sheets and refrigerate till firm – about 30 min.
5. Bake at 160 Ctill golden or about 15 min.
6. Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk
Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty
Other Great Recipes:
Glazed Shortbread Cookies
3D Guitar Cake
Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Avocado and Smoked Salmon Terrine
Waldorf Chicken Salad
Booblik + Bonus Challah Bread
Halloween "Pumpkin" Salad
Apple Cranberry Pie
Raspberry Truffle Cake
Amazing Potato Bake a la Salina
Traditional Russian Pie – Kulebyaka
Pierogi with Sour Cherries
Dolma, or Grape Leaf Rolls
"Melting Moments" Cookies
Awesome Spinach Salad
MY SIGNATURE STEAK