I quite often hear: "We don't want condo, we are not prepared to pay maintenance fees" or "We have pets, we can't bring them to condo". The truth is, with the steadily raising prices for detached homes in GTA and average reaching already 600K, Condo Townhouses might be the only affordable option for the first time home buyers.
1. You could live in a neighborhood of your choice and still keep the lifestyle you are used to. There are condo townhouses in GTA available for under $200K
2. Maintenance fees are not as scary as it might sound. It is just a matter of locating a townhouses complex with affordable maintenance fees. I would suggest looking for something under $350 per month
3. Most listings for condo townhouses would say: Pets – Restricted. This does not mean you cannot have a cat or a dog. In general, pets restriction applies to large, vicious or excessively noisy animals. Before submitting an offer for the property with pets restrictions – get your agent to find out what exactly is restricted.
4. Often you get a back, front or side yard. This is not an option for condo apartments.
5. Yes, in most cases you will still have to shovel your driveway. But on the other hand, you get to use visitor's parking for those ginormous parties you are about to throw, so your guests dont have to struggle looking for parking
Want to know more about condo townhomes living? Need help locating a good neighborhood?
I will be right here, as usual!
call or text 416-843-1515 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
More on the subject:
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk
Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty