Shopping for a house is as much a lifestyle decision as it is a financial one. After all, unless you’re a professional real estate investor, you’re not just buying a house – you’re buying a home.
Sure, there are important financial matters to consider, such as mortgage rates, payments and resale values. But when deciding whether or not to make an offer, you also need to think about how that home will impact the quality of your life. So, it’s important not to let an attractive list price distract you from considering a home that has features that may be worth paying a little more for. You should determine the lifestyle features that are important to you and your family and factor them into the purchase price of any home. For example, have you considered the value of:
- A large kitchen and a comfortable recreational room with a wet bar? Perfect if you entertain a lot.
- A quiet room or cozy alcove? Ideal if you like to read, sew, build model airplanes, or surf the net.
- A backyard with the right combination of sun and shade? Priceless if you love to garden.
- A relatively flat, rather than inclined, driveway? Great for a game of one-on-one basketball with the kids.
- A spacious deck or patio area? Hours of enjoyment for the BBQ fanatic in the family.
- Parks, recreation centres, and schools within walking distance? A real time-saver if you have children.
- Local green space and trails? Ideal if you have a dog to walk or are a jogger.
Taking these “lifestyle factors” into account will put the asking price into perspective, and help you determine how much the home is really worth to you.
Your Real Estate Connection:
Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty
RentListingService.com – Condos and Houses for rent
CondoName.com – New and Resale Condos and Towns from Developers
Sutton Group-Summit Realty Inc. Brokerage
1100 Burnhamthorpe Road West #27
Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 4G4